3M Occupational Health and Environmental Safety ’s new photochromic safety glasses do all the changing automatically. The lens is UV reactive so it responds to the amount of Ultraviolet (UV) light it receives, and lightens or darkens.
Photochromic safety glasses change from dark to clear in 35 seconds. Their clear state allows for 77.5% light transmission.
Photochromic safety glasses change from clear to dark in 8 seconds. By so doing, sun glare is reduced, allowing only 22% light transmission.
Features and Benefits of photochromic safety glasses:
- Tough Polycarbonate lens absorbs 99.9%UV
- The frame’s moulded lens supports prevent the lenses from being dislodged by a strong frontal impact.
- Spring-hinged temples for narrow/wide fit
- Soft, adjustable nose bridge for all day comfort
- Frame design has stylish carbon fibre pattern
- Abrasion resistant hard-coat extends lens life
- Durable frame with nylon brow and magnesium alloy temples