Home > WABCO completes acquisition of fleet management company Transics International

WABCO completes acquisition of fleet management company Transics International

Editorial

WABCO Holdings Inc. announces the successful acquisition of Transics International, an industry leader in fleet management solutions. WABCO is a leading global supplier of technologies that improve the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles.

WABCO had earlier acquired 96.84 per cent of Transics International shares for a net consideration of EUR 95.8 million. WABCO subsequently made a public offer to acquire the remaining 3.16 percent of outstanding shares, consistent with Belgian takeover rules.

As a result of the successful takeover procedure completed recently, WABCO now owns 100 percent of the securities issued by Transics International NV.

Announcing the completion of the acquisition, Nick Rens, WABCO Executive Officer and Vice President, Trailer Systems, Aftermarket and Off-Highway commented that the synergy of WABCO and Transics superbly aligns with a WABCO strategic objective to further grow business with fleets around the world as they expand their portfolio of innovative solutions tailored to the specific needs of their global customer base.

Transics International will continue to operate under its own brand under the WABCO umbrella. Based in Ypres, Belgium, Transics International also has offices in France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain, and manages a sales network across Europe.

Newsletter sign-up

The latest products and news delivered to your inbox