Newcrest's newly appointed CEO Sandeep Biswas has announced a new, smaller executive committee.
According to Biswas "the new, smaller team reflects Newcrest's current priorities and its focus on operating discipline and cash generation".
"This team has extensive operational and functional experience and the right skill base to fully realise the potential of all of our assets," he said.
The new team consists of:
- Managing Director and CEO: Sandeep Biswas
- CFO: Gerard Bond
- Executive General Manager, International Operations: David Woodall
- Executive General Manager, Australian Operations: Craig Jones
- Executive General Manager Minerals: Colin Moorhead
- General Counsel and Company Secretary: Francesca Lee
- Executive General Manager HR and Communication: Jane Thomas
Biswas added that Thomas will join the company once she has completed her notice period with AGL.
The previous person in that role, Debra Stirling, left the company on July 4th.
The role of COO, which Biswas has held for the last six months, will not be replaced.